1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

better eggs??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by thebanthams, Nov 28, 2011.

1. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    Those commercial says their eggs got "better", what do the give to chickens to make their eggs better?

2. Nikki82

Nikki82 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2011
    I've always heard that the best eggs come from happy chooks.[​IMG]

3. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Better feed. Of course, this is in the mind and in the opinion of the company.

4. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    You can change the fatty acid profile to make it more healthy if you feed up to 10% flax seed. You can change the fatty acid profile to make it healthier, reduce cholesterol, increase several vitamins, improve flavor and get a more colorful yolk if you free range or pasture them. For chickens that are confined to a run, you can feed grasses, dark leafy greens, sprouts that have greened up or wheat grass.

5. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    'Better' trademark, not better as in gooder. [​IMG]

6. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    I think home raised chickens that are are spoiled rotten, and makes better eggs!! than store bought eggs !! [​IMG]

7. peterlund

peterlund Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    MA Cranberry Country
    Quote:Better for them if you buy them? But I can say for sure NOTHING is better than an egg from a chicken YOU fed and nurtured... That I guarantee!!!

8. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    Once you see the yolk of a chicken you raised, you will never ever believe a word about healthy, happy chickens laying eggs that you buy in a grocery store.

9. TroutsChicks

TroutsChicks Fluffy Stuffins

Jun 5, 2011
    baxter Tn
    down with store bought eggs! As soon as they learn how to "make" eggs they will, just like how them are making stem cell meat..look it up. gross stuff.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by