Better feathers?

Elitefarm

Songster
5 Years
Jan 9, 2019
Washington
My sister plans on showing a few of my chickens at our local fair my rooster mostly but his tail feathers are starting to look pathetic, in the beginning of the year his tail was gorgeous small but he's still young, now it's almost non existent am I doing something wrong? :/ what can I give him to help? He also has a slight red "rash"? Coming from his vent is this normal? First time owning a rooster :(
This was him in February
00B0B10D-13C3-4782-AD59-8F4E7822A0A6.png

This was him today
C22D69CE-DA20-466A-A53F-73E66D02339C.jpeg

I treated them for mite about a month ago but have never seen any on him in my weekly checks :/ haven't seen any mites on any of them in the March at all

He is under a year but I'm more just wondering why his feathers are getting bad I know he isn't full grown yet (7 months) but he's balding in a few spots

Is he being "pecked" at or bullied? Maybe Jr Molt? Where are you located?
You may want to update your profile with location; knowing your weather/climate, possible predator situations, supply availability and time zone (tagging help in your area).

I'm from Washington it's been fairly nice and all the other girls look pretty great other then one or two of his "favorites" have a little neck balding but I haven't seen anyone pick at him or his feathers he's definitely the one in charge out of the flock.

Re-read post, does he still have that "red rash" at his vent area?
Could we get a picture? Maybe it's an allergy?
Anything change in supplies or activities or housing?
What are you feeding?

2x Brahma Chicken5000 although I do see the difference in the "before and after" pics.

I'll try to get a picture of the rash, I did just change them to flock grower but like just changed him 3 days ago (after feather loss and rash) no change in supplies I have been letting the free range a few hours a day since it's been sunny?

Back
Top Bottom