BettyR Please help!!!! UPDATE PIC

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by hispoptart, Nov 9, 2011.

1. hispoptart

hispoptart Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Ok so I have read all of your recipes and I am dieing to try so many of them, well I am really hoping you can help me with this one...

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/mushroom_quiche/

This sound like a great start, but I would like to add some meat to make this a one dish meal, I would love to hear your suggestions and those from any others out here. Thank you so much!

Thanks to everyone for their advice. It turned out very yummmy!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  2. 2DogsFarm

2DogsFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Well, I am not BettyR (nor do I play her on TV...) but IIWM I might add some browned sausage - country-style or Italian.
    A classic quiche ingredient is ham, as in quiche Lorraine.

I'm not a big fan of using heavy cream, so I make quiche using plain yogurt along with 3 or 4 eggs for the custard base.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  3. greenpeeps

greenpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Greenford, Ohio
    A little bit of ham in that would be great!

4. hispoptart

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Thanks for the replies, both sausage and ham sound good. Any ideas about a side dish to go with this?

5. trabrat

trabrat New Egg

Nov 7, 2011
    I put sausage or bacon in mine along with spinach...any kind of cheese.. anything you put in scrambled eggs you can put in a quiche.

I get a chuckle everytime I see the word quiche... my son in 4th grade mispelled it in the county spelling bee... he said mom I dont even know what it is... I said its egg pie... he said maybe if you would make it I could spell it...lol

6. hispoptart

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] Thats to cute. and [​IMG]

7. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Man you people get up early!!! I just got up at about 9 and went out to take care of the chickens.

hispoptart....looks to me like you got some really good suggestions, I don't think there is anything I could add. I'm not a big quiche person so I don't have a lot of experience making them. But let us know how yours turns out...I may give it a try. [​IMG]

8. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    If you add meat, use meat that has already been cooked.

9. binders

binders Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2011
    ham or bacon would be good along with a nice salad on the side. When's dinner? I'll be over![​IMG]

10. 2DogsFarm

2DogsFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Quote:Ha!
    Well, try 5A wakeup 7/365.
    That's what I get for having horses & chickens and having to be at work by 8A [​IMG]
    If I ever get to retire that will change & I'll "sleep in" until 7A [​IMG]

hispoptart:
    Since quiche is really Egg Pie (thanks trabrat!) a side of hash browns, home fries or other crispy potato dish would work along with a nice green salad.
    I know, I know, it has a crust = 1 starch, but still...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by