Bev Davis/ April Howerton Black French Maran- Denton Texas

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by RentaPig311, Sep 3, 2015.

1. RentaPig311

RentaPig311 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2013
    Denton Texas
    I am selling a Bev Davis Line French Black Maran. This bird came straight from April Howertons ranch. If you are a fan of Marans you know that Bev Davis is a much sought after bloodline derived from the original french imports. April Howerton teamed up with Bev to breed and have the APA accept French Black Copper Marans as a recognized breed. If you know chickens you know these two breeders are the real deal and the cream of the crop. This is your chance to own a bird from the much sought after line. I purchased three birds as a straight run direct from Howerton ranch. This particular bird grew a comb and while it has not displayed gender traits either direction(crowing/laying) I belive it will grow into a fine rooster. This is the perfect bird for an olive egger project or other breeding project. Sex not guarenteed but I am leaning towards rooster. Bird is about 5 months old and french standard. We just moved into a subdivision and will only be able to keep a limited number of birds so I am looking to make room in my flock for some heavy layers. Sorry pick up only.

2. roosterscity

roosterscity Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2015
    North Carolina
    All birds from pictures are pullets. I wished I was closer so I can pick up a few of these dark-egg layers.

3. chilipeppers

chilipeppers Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2015
    Hello
    I am very interested in getting some of these hens. I am in the San Antonio area. Do you ever travel this direction?
    I assume the only way I could get them is to meet as opposed to shipping them?

Thank you
    Zane

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by