BEWARE of Chickendoors.com

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ZaneyMama, Dec 9, 2010.

1. ZaneyMama

ZaneyMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2010
    Boulder, Colorado
    I purchased an automatic door and battery/trickle charge kit from http://www.chickendoors.com/ about 2 weeks ago.

The door is well-made and solid, but the electrical cord that came with it was damaged when I got it. I tried to contact the owner multiple times and have never heard back from him.

The entire door has now stopped working and can't be opened manually! I think the battery has already gone kaput. I tried charging it, and it doesn't seem to be holding a charge!

Has anyone had success with a door from chickendoors.com? Has anyone been able to reach the owner?

Thanks!

2. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    Maybe he is out of town. Keep trying. I have been planning to order one. Let us know how it goes.

3. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    If you paid with a credit card, or anything with the Visa (and maybe Mastercard) logo, then you can take it up with them. You should be able to reverse the charges. You received defective merchandise & the vendor will not respond. You did not receive what you paid for which was a properly working product.

4. schmism

schmism Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2007
    Peoria IL
    can you not disconnect the motor from the frame that opens the door? (so you can manually open and close it)

5. ZaneyMama

Feb 2, 2010
    Boulder, Colorado
    I actually purchased it at the end of October and tried contacting him right away when I received it. If he is out of town, it's a long vacation!

The motor is part of the door (sitting on top of it) - I could probably detach it, but I may as well re-install my handy manual door at this point.

I will be contacting my bank today.

I would be vary wary of purchasing anything from him! There are flaws in the design and the customer service is non-existent.

Thanks everyone!
    Sarah

6. ZaneyMama

Feb 2, 2010
    Boulder, Colorado
    I did just finally receive a response from him (after 5 weeks!)! He said he is going to try to help me fix whatever the problem is! Whew!

7. eKo_birdies

eKo_birdies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Northern Colorado
    well that's good at least... better late than never i suppose.
    [​IMG] maybe he has a BYC account and caught wind of the bad press [​IMG]

8. BWKatz

BWKatz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    Amazing what a little bad press will do. 2months response time? I still don't think I'll be doing business with them. [​IMG]

9. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Quote:Quote:I'm confused?

10. eKo_birdies

eKo_birdies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Northern Colorado
    Quote:Quote:I'm confused?

lol true... i think you are referencing the inconsistent dates?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by