Beyond pissed with mortgage company

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by greeneggsandham, Nov 29, 2011.

1. greeneggsandham

greeneggsandham Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Putnam,CT
    For 13 years I have had no problems what so ever. Last month I had an issue with my bank account so I opened a new one and re-set all my automatic withdrawals cancelling the old ones. I called my mortage company explained what happened set-up the new one and got a confirmation letter that the old automatic withdrawal was closed and the new one opened.

Well what do I see when I check my bank accounts? The rotten, stupid, blanking mortgage company took the payment out of BOTH accounts. I just spent an hour on the phone with these idiots only to hear "oh were sorry we can't refund the money". So now I am overdrawn in the old account and I had to put a claim in with my bank. I told the mortgage company to cancel all auto withdraws and they can now wait for a check which they were not to happy to hear. At least the bank is being very helpful and will void any overdraft fees. Not that I am using it much only had a few hundred in it for gas and coffees.
    Thanks for letting me vent.

2. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I know this doesn't help, but I'd be really mad, too. They can withdraw two payments at once in error, but can't refund the duplicate withdrawal, when it was their error???

3. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    [​IMG]

Been there and had the same kinda thing happen,now i will never allow automatic withdraws with nobody ever again.

4. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Yea, I have heard about auto debit nightmares.We also have it for our mortgage company for a low interest rate..We are paying extra on the principal so we can dump the company soon.

5. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    I swear those mortgage companies are morons. My hubby has 2 mortgages and paid them with the little pay slip. These people put both payments on one house and tried to put the other one into foreclosure. Ruined my hubbies credit rating and we have been fighting for a year no to clear those people’s mistakes. Can’t wait to pay them off and get done with these people. [​IMG]

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I can perhaps see them refusing to credit or refund the money if it had been YOUR mistake, but when it was theirs, and you have documented evidence that they had told you the automatic withdrawals and been changed from your old account to your new account, it seems to me that you need to take this a step further and ask to speak to the department manager, and if you still do not receive satisfaction, speak to your state agency that licences the company to do business in your state. Chances are that refusing a refund when it is their error is likely illegal, and may well be something for which they can be fined (or their license revoked--but probably not for a single transgression). Good luck!

7. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Quote:x2

8. greeneggsandham

Mar 10, 2008
    Putnam,CT
    Quote:I spoke with the supervisor that was on and was told because it is done by automatic withdrawal that a refund can not be issued. Had I sent in a check they would have reissued one right back to me.
    The best thing is this is a USDA Rural develpment loan not a typical bank or mortgage broker. I have found they are not that easy to deal with and half the people have no clue what they are talking about. I will have to see who I can contact about this matter since the number I call is located out of St. Louis.

9. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    oh, and let me guess, they wont allow that extra payment to cover next month either. It will just be shown as an additional, and they still want money next month.

10. greeneggsandham

Mar 10, 2008
    Putnam,CT
    Quote:Bingo we have a winner. They said they could apply it to the principal. If I wanted to pay extra on the principal I would have sent in extra. My bank is fighting this for me which is great. I sent them all the paperwork that shows it should have never been taken out of this account. I will just have to wait 5 to 7 business days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by