1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Biefelder Chicks!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by De Lane, Mar 30, 2016.

1. De Lane

De Lane New Egg

Mar 23, 2016
    Could someone tell me a little about a Bielefelder chicks, could some of them be black with yellow or white spotches on them, I have bought some and now in question if they are really Bielefeders. Please help I will send you pics. Thanks!

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC.
    It would be most helpful if you were to take and post some photos of the chicks you have so that we can see them. What you are describing does not sound like Bielefelders at first blush, but it can be difficult sometimes to envision what someone is describing. How old are the chicks (are they downy babies, feathering out, fully feathered?) - they go through various appearances as they feather out and this goes back to not being able to readily "see" what you are seeing through a description as I might be envisioning something that looks like a barred rock chick while you are looking at something much different.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  3. De Lane

De Lane New Egg

Mar 23, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. De Lane

De Lane New Egg

Mar 23, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are the pictures can anyone give me there opinion of these and tell me do they look like Bielefelders??? Thanks!

5. Luanne Hott

Luanne Hott Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2011
    Blairsville, GA
    I have Bielefelders and I am sorry to say but those don't look like them to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by