Bielefelder crossed with a black showgirl silkie

Eggscoozme

Songster
9 Years
Oct 25, 2014
Michigan
My Biel Roo is especially fond our black showgirl silkie to the point I've decided to separate them, so he'd mate more with his own girls (for purebred eggs).

I'm incubating the Biel & Showgirl eggs, though, as I'm curious what they'd look like. Can't find anything on google regarding this cross, and I'm not into calculating using the "chicken math calculator". Anybody have any thoughts?

The dark skin, crest, and feathered legs are all dominant features. I'm not sure if the naked neck is dominant or not. The chicks will not be silkied, as that's a recessive gene. You will likely have some laced chicks and some solid black chicks.

The dark skin, crest, and feathered legs are all dominant features. I'm not sure if the naked neck is dominant or not. The chicks will not be silkied, as that's a recessive gene. You will likely have some laced chicks and some solid black chicks.

Thank you for such a quik reply. Soo, it sounds like regular chicken feathers, WILL be naked neck if my showgirl is homozygous for naked neck, and coloring can be from either parent.

A crele SILKIE showgirl would be interesting/pretty, but mine would not have the silkie feathers, and I'm honestly not into doing any silkie projects.

I did find out that the naked neck trait lends itself to being better meat birds. Biels are huge, so who knows? May get some HUGE naked necks Biels.

My Biel Roo is especially fond our black showgirl silkie to the point I've decided to separate them, so he'd mate more with his own girls (for purebred eggs).

I'm incubating the Biel & Showgirl eggs, though, as I'm curious what they'd look like.  Can't find anything on google regarding this cross, and I'm not into calculating using the "chicken math calculator".  Anybody have any thoughts?

From what I can find on Bielefelders, they seem to be an e+ based Crele. E is of course dominant to e+, so I'd expect to get cuckoo-looking both males and females. The males may have some red or golden leakage in the usual areas (hackle, saddle, wing bow). You should get a small crest, small beard/muffs, and medium/light feathered feet. There's no guarantee, but chances are if the hen has a bow tie, she's hetero for Naked Neck gene, if she has only a few feathers or no bow tie, probably homozygous. So you could either get 100% bow-tied offsprinf or 50% bow tied offspring. None will be Silkied but all will carry it.

I'm incubating the Biel & Showgirl eggs, though, as I'm curious what they'd look like. Can't find anything on google regarding this cross, and I'm not into calculating using the "chicken math calculator". Anybody have any thoughts?
Have you tried looking it up on google images?

From what I can find on Bielefelders, they seem to be an e+ based Crele. E is of course dominant to e+, so I'd expect to get cuckoo-looking both males and females. The males may have some red or golden leakage in the usual areas (hackle, saddle, wing bow). You should get a small crest, small beard/muffs, and medium/light feathered feet. There's no guarantee, but chances are if the hen has a bow tie, she's hetero for Naked Neck gene, if she has only a few feathers or no bow tie, probably homozygous. So you could either get 100% bow-tied offsprinf or 50% bow tied offspring. None will be Silkied but all will carry it.

She is a bearded bow-tie so what might that mean with her offspring with my Biel?

Back
Top Bottom