Bielefelder genetics?

FFAForeverBlue

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2020
Iowa
Hi, everyone!

I'm in the process of incubating a clutch of eggs from my own hens. I have a wide variety of hens; Blue Andalusian, Partridge Cochin, two Silkies, one black and one buff, a white Jersey Giant, and a pair of Easter Eggers. I only have two roosters, a lovely mixed Roo that I believe was crossed between a Brown Leghorn and a Cochin, (He's red in color with black tail feathers, feathers sparsely up and down his legs, and he's very lean.) and a handsome Bielefelder.

I was curious on what I can expect the outcome of this to be. Could anyone give me some hints or tips? Will my half-Bielefelders be sex linked? Can I expect some to have extra toes like their Silkie moms? Will the ones from my mixed Roo have feathered feet, even if my Cochin ins't their mom? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, everyone!

I'm in the process of incubating a clutch of eggs from my own hens. I have a wide variety of hens; Blue Andalusian, Partridge Cochin, two Silkies, one black and one buff, a white Jersey Giant, and a pair of Easter Eggers. I only have two roosters, a lovely mixed Roo that I believe was crossed between a Brown Leghorn and a Cochin, (He's red in color with black tail feathers, feathers sparsely up and down his legs, and he's very lean.) and a handsome Bielefelder.

I was curious on what I can expect the outcome of this to be. Could anyone give me some hints or tips? Will my half-Bielefelders be sex linked? Can I expect some to have extra toes like their Silkie moms? Will the ones from my mixed Roo have feathered feet, even if my Cochin ins't their mom? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Your half bielefelders will not be sex linked. Some will have extra toes. You’ll likely get chicks with feathered legs from the mixed rooster, but not all of his chicks will have that trait.

Back
Top Bottom