Bielefelder rooster crossed with Leghorn?

Outta Here

Songster
May 17, 2021
Does anyone know what type of chicken a Bielefelder rooster crossed with a Leghorn would produce? Color? Egg production?

What color Leghorn?
No way of knowing production for sure. I'd imagine pretty decent. Better then a Biel but not as well as a pure Leghorn.
Thanks! I've been wavering between California White and Pearl White and White Leghorn to add to my flock. Then I wondered whether to just hatch my friendly, non-flighty Leghorn's eggs from a Bielefelder rooster. I understand you are an expert in Leghorns. Which would you recommend?

We have a Bielefelder leghorn cross chick. She is the sweetest just like a large cuddle teddy bear. Doesn't porch at anyone even the tinyest! I'm also curious what the cross will overgrowing look like when she's grown, color of egg, and how often... And will she protect the littles ones she grew up with 🤷🏼‍♀️

Attachments

• IMG_20220211_103248.jpg
    IMG_20220211_103248.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
We have a Bielefelder leghorn cross chick. She is the sweetest just like a large cuddle teddy bear. Doesn't porch at anyone even the tinyest! I'm also curious what the cross will overgrowing look like when she's grown, color of egg, and how often... And will she protect the littles ones she grew up with 🤷🏼‍♀️
So how did she turn out? I have a bunch of white leghorn chicks with a bielefeder roo hatching right now- so far they are white.

Back
Top Bottom