Bielefelder: rooster or hen?

FrankJ1989

Hatching
May 15, 2022
Recently we hatched Bielefelder eggs. This is supposed to be a auto-sexing breed. I know the roosters have a white dot on their head and the hens have a chipmunk pattern on their back. Now we have a chick that really looks to be a hen. She has the chipmunk pattern, but also a small dot on her head. This makes me doubt a little. Can any of you see if this left chick is a hen or rooster?
IMG_20220516_181703.jpg
IMG_20220516_181648.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220516_181648.jpg
    IMG_20220516_181648.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 5
I've already hatched out 3 batches of shipped hatching egg's of this breed a few month's ago, and some of the girl's are just now starting to lay egg's.
This was our first round. Unfortunately we had 7 roosters and only 1 hen. So we go for another round as well. :)

This was our first round. Unfortunately we had 7 roosters and only 1 hen. So we go for another round as well. :)

I currently have 11 pullet's, and 2 cockerel's. I had 3 cockerel's, but I got rid of the one that I didn't like the coloring on as he grew out, so now I have 2 left. I might get some more Bielefelder hatching egg's from another breeder in August, but I'm currently waiting for this bird flu to work it's way out of the country.

I currently have 11 pullet's, and 2 cockerel's. I had 3 cockerel's, but I got rid of the one that I didn't like the coloring on as he grew out, so now I have 2 left. I might get some more Bielefelder hatching egg's from another breeder in August, but I'm currently waiting for this bird flu to work it's way out of the country.
That's a nice flock in the making. We don't have a lot of room. So we would settle for around three hens!

Back
Top Bottom