Big, Black Scab on Comb, Treated with Hydrogen Peroxide, Anything else I should Do?

Phoenix Chicken

Songster
7 Years
I was just sitting with my girls, then I noticed that Pandora, my 9 month-old RIR had a black scab on her comb. I picked her up and treated it with Hydrogen Peroxide. I released her with the rest of the flock because there was no visable blood. Should I do anything else? Also, sorry for the lack of pictures. I should be able to add some later.

I was just sitting with my girls, then I noticed that Pandora, my 9 month-old RIR had a black scab on her comb. I picked her up and treated it with Hydrogen Peroxide. I released her with the rest of the flock because there was no visable blood. Should I do anything else? Also, sorry for the lack of pictures. I should be able to add some later.
not sure if they are ticks or mites

I usually rub a little antibiotic gel/cream on if it looks bad. Most of the time I just leave them alone. Some of our roos aren't too delicate when they grab and they sometimes get the comb instead of feathers so we have the occasional comb scratch here too.

Back
Top Bottom