1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Big Box of Rainbow Eggs!!! (small boxes too!)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by TurtleFeathers, Sep 21, 2009.

1. TurtleFeathers

TurtleFeathers Fear the Turtle!

Jan 9, 2009
    By the Chesapeake Bay
    Hi Everybody -

At this moment, I've got 52 eggs sitting on my kitchen counter that I can send to anyone that is interested in some nice mixed chicks for pets, possible layers down the road. These eggs could hatch out the following:

Silkies - pet quality, bearded and non bearded
    Easter Eggers - standard and bantam
    Easter Egger/silkie crosses
    Bantam Polish/silkie crosses

Colors in this flock include (but are not limited to): Blue, black, splash, partridge, blue partridge, silver, blue wheaten, columbian, buff columbian, chocolate, khaki, and cuckoo. The color of the eggs range anywhere from white (polish) to light tan (silkies, EE's) to pinkish (EE's) to blue (EE's). My hatch rates have been about 90% this year with these birds - hopefully you'll get lots of chicks from these eggs, too, but of course, I can't guarantee what will happen to these eggs while in transit.

Oh, and you should know, I'm getting what I believe could be some "paint" silkie/EE mixes (a white bird w/patches of black feathers) from the big blue eggs - I don't know who is laying them, or who is fathering them (as I have no white or paint birds in my flock), but they're VERY pretty and unique, and they could be a neat breeding tool later on.

Cost is $25 plus actual cost of shipping - just PM me your zip code, and I'll PM you back with a price and paypal info.

I can ship as early as tomorrow, and I'll include any eggs that are laid before I close up the box - that could mean a possibility of 60 or more eggs!! Plus, if my seramas lay any eggs between now and then, I'll include them, too!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  2. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    Dern it all.......... paycheck doesn't hit for another week.........

3. TurtleFeathers

Jan 9, 2009
    By the Chesapeake Bay
    Weeeelll.... If nobody takes these, believe me, there WILL be more!!! I can keep you posted if you really want some?

4. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    Please do!! Especially the silkies, ee/silkie, and the ee's (I was planing on trying to cross ee's and silkies way into the furture [​IMG] )

5. TurtleFeathers

Jan 9, 2009
    By the Chesapeake Bay
    This big box has been sold - I can start saving eggs again this weekend if anyone else is interested? I think I'll do small boxes from here on out tho, because I had a few requests for smaller quantities and big boxes could hold things up for a few days.

So how about 1 dozen + extras for $20 including shipping?

PM me or email me directly at [email protected].

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by