1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Big Boy missing in action.........

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by FLchook, Feb 22, 2008.

1. FLchook

FLchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    Just came up from the barn and my favorite boy is missing! [​IMG] Usually I can see him in the window, but tonight he wasnt there. To make it even more scarry, my dogs tore off something as we entered the pasture. Usually I get the coop closed up before dark, but we decided to go out for dinner tonight, so I had to leave them out. Im hoping hes just in a tree or something, but Im fearing the worst.

Just had to share with peeps that understand. DH just doesnt get it.

Shannon

2. GAhen

GAhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Carrollton GA
    I have had that happen and my hen was fine the next morning.
    Hope the same for you.

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh no, im so sorry. Maybe he will be waiting outside in the morning...to be let back in? I sure hope so!

4. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Yep, you can only hope for the best. Nothing you can do til daybreak now.
    I would start early at first light in hopes of being the first to locate him, before hungry eyes get ideas. Good Luck.

bigzio

5. FLchook

FLchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    Well no Big Boy [​IMG] I did find a pile of feathers in the coop. Couldnt see it last night, was just too darn dark. He was such a great roo! Little Tipps im sure isnt missing him though. He now has the flock to himself. He is not that great of a roo though. He had a small flock of his own at one time, before I combined the two. He just lacks this little things a good roo does. Maybe since hes the only one now, he will step up to the plate alittle better this time.

Im thinking the girls that have decided to sleep in the barn rafters are safer then the ones that go into the coop! If it wasnt for my silkie, id teach them all to go up there. I fear that after last night though that Paka will be the only one in the coop. All others fly very well.

Thanks for listening!
    Shannon

6. HenHappy

HenHappy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    Ahhhhhhh...I was hoping you would find him today...I'm so sorry. ((Hugs))

7. GAhen

GAhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Carrollton GA
    Oh I'm sorry.
    We really do get attached to our birds.
    So sorry.

8. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

:aww I'm so sorry. Make sure you keep an eye on the others. Whatever got your boy will be back for more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by