Big coop

JValera

In the Brooder
Dec 22, 2016
Hi Guys and Hi Ladies

I think to breed

Plymout Barred Rock , Bluff Orlington , Black Australop , Aracauna Ameraucana , and Laced Wyandotte

How many chickens can I put on this size ?

48 feet large x 16 feet wide = 640 Sq. feet

Thank you so much , please

-Jorge

With a big run for them to go out into during the day and good ventilation you could roost about 190 chickens. My calculations show that's 768 sq ft.

Hi Rooster

They don't go to out

Only inside of room or coop

One part is closed for nestling boxes and the others 3 parts will be open with wire...I live in Florida

-Jorge

If they don't go out I would keep the total under 75 then. I need to add that this is just my opinion. I think a chicken needs about 10sqf ft per bird to be happy and for the flock dynamics to work well without stressing the birds. What part of Florida are you in. My stepson lives in Palm Bay.

Hi Rooster

I live in Davie , Florida.

Yes I will think to put 60 - 70 chickens

Is correct ..... 10 SQ.feet Rum per chicken

what type of food you use
How many types do you have ??

thanks
--Jorge

Hi Rooster

I live in Davie , Florida.

Yes I will think to put 60 - 70 chickens

Is correct  .....  10 SQ.feet Rum per chicken

what type of food you use
How many types do you have ??

thanks
                 --Jorge

I feed purina omega 3 layer pellets. I only have 18 chickens. They are a mix of Easter Eggers, RIR, a chochin mix some polish mixes and such. I would love to have a flock of barred Plymouth rocks. They are my favorite birds.

Hello Jorge. I'm good. I don't really use herbs or grains. They get a hand full or two of scratch feed once or twice a week for a treat. Some strawberries and other table scraps sometimes. Mostly just layer feed though. I left the coop door open this morn so they have the chance to free range today. We have a couple feet of snow on the ground but I cleared a spot in the yard for them. It was about 40' by 30'. Looking at my cam they still aren't venturing out of the coop much. They are almost 9 months old and this is the first time they have had the chance to free range in their life as far as I know. I've only had them two weeks and they have been cooped up till today. The previous owner kept them cooped all the time.

Back
Top Bottom