Big Crevecoeur hen has found her new home! Thanks!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenpiedpiper, Jan 27, 2009.

1. chickenpiedpiper

chickenpiedpiper Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    New Durham NH
    Hello, this is Corrie, Hatched June 9th 2008. She is from McMurray. Healthy, and active, same size as my RIR's, but she needs a new home.

Corrie would be happiest in a situation with little human contact, as she is very flighty and basically a spaz! In our tiny coop when I go in to get eggs out of the boxes, she tends to explode around my head, and make me wish her bodily harm. The rest of my chickens are lap chickens, and love to have me visit. so we have communaly decided she needs a new home! She lays a lovely white eggs, tho I am not sure how frequently, as I have other white egg layers as well.

Once caught she is calm and can be worked with, and is fine in the yard, I just dont find her a good match with my flock! We would be happy to get 5.00 for her, or trade for some other laying hen. I would deliver her, if you would chip in for gas. She is camera shy, but I took these photos this morning for you to see. In the last one, you can see her next to one of our RIR's.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please PM me if you are interested!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  2. chickenpiedpiper

Aug 4, 2008
    New Durham NH
    So no one wants a goofy Crevecouer hen huh? (heavy sigh)

3. GardenerGal

GardenerGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Give it time. You just posted this morning, and it may take a couple days for someone near you to see your post! She's a lovely hen.

4. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    If i was closer i would take her in a heart beat but you at least 2 hours away

5. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

2 hours, huh? That's funny, anytime I want to go somewhere, I've got to cross the Bering Sea, first...so I went to The Netherlands a year ago to get a pup I wanted:) He's totally worth it! When I do move where I'm within driving distance...I'm going to be driving all over!

6. chickenpiedpiper

Aug 4, 2008
    New Durham NH
    Quote:I was in Agawam a couple weeks ago for the NE show, I should have posted her before that! Bummer! Well, I may get an excuse to head that way later this winter, If we havent placed her by then, I will contact you!!

7. wookiee

wookiee Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2008
    I am in Deerfield, NH and we have ten hens who are great pets. We have an insulated coop, heated water, and we do interact with our birds, so maybe we can give her some "chicken therapy".

[​IMG]

Absolutely no pressure, it sounds like you would like to keep her. But if not, I would be honored to give her a home with my ten.

8. chickenpiedpiper

Aug 4, 2008
    New Durham NH
    Should have read this first!! I just responded to your PM! [​IMG]

No, we want to re-home her, I like a calm soothing coop, and unfortunately the way ours is set up, I have to reach under her perch in order to collect the eggs, and she thinks I am trying to catch her or something! Even my newest birds, that were so horribly afraid and traumatized have settled down, and realized I am not after them, but Corrie doesnt get it! and we have had her her whole life! [​IMG]

So check your Chick in box, and we shall set a date!

And Thank you!!

9. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    lol- sounds like the person who gets her may have to be fairly physically fit just to catch her! Good luck... maybe you should take video for the site. [​IMG]

10. chickenpiedpiper

Aug 4, 2008
    New Durham NH
    Oh yeah, she's a hoot! Even as a chicklett while in the brooder in the house, she would get out, and we would have to tag team her! It was worse than trying to catch a mouse the cats had brought in and released! Sheesh!

When she got old enough, we just didnt ever bother, she just runs with the flock, and is very protective of the other girls, I saw her attack one of my cats once, just for sitting on the deck! Poor Kitty never saw it coming!

She has never attacked me, or been agressive in any way, she is just umm, lively! Yeah, thats it, lively! [​IMG]

We will catch her easy enough, cause in the coop I have a few little bany nest boxes, and when she realizes we are actually after her, she buries her head in there! Silly Girl, makes her easy to catch then![​IMG]

I think some of the flightyness comes from the fact the feathers block most of her forward and upward vision. She can really only see sideways and down. that must be tough when all the world is out to eat you![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by