1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Big day for the duckies.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by rubberduckies, Mar 16, 2013.

1. rubberduckies

rubberduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    Kentucky
    We had awesome weather today (yesterday too). I'm working on finishing up the duck house and haven't had a chance to start on the enclosure yet so... My SO decided to buy this rabbit hutch attachment thingy from TSC. I put it together and screwed a piece of plywood (cut to fit) on the open end. They LOVED it! The ate grass and listened to every little noise while I worked on the house for them. They protested (loudly) when I brought them back inside at the end of the day for a bath and bed. Lol. I know they are going a little crazy being cooped up in the brooder so I'm soooo glad they got to spend some time outside today. Can't wait until the next warm day so they can go out again!
    [​IMG]

2. Megan Amber

Megan Amber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Cool! I love my ducks, they are the coolest! What kind do you have?

3. rubberduckies

rubberduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    Kentucky
    2 Rouens (male & female), 2 Indian Runners (fawn/white & black. Females), and 1 Pekin (female). What kind are yours?

4. Megan Amber

Megan Amber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Mine were bought as black Indian runners, but turned out to be a runner cayuga or swedish mix! I love them just the same though! I am currently looking at buying some Ancona ducklings!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by