Big Day Today, Brand New Babies!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MiniBeesKnees, May 28, 2010.

1. MiniBeesKnees

MiniBeesKnees Chillin' With My Peeps

My little Old English Banty sitting on 16 eggs now has 14 new babies born since last night at bedtime and eleven this AM. 9 that are OE, and five that are maybe D'uccles and Silver Seabrights. All the eggs were fertile, one egg was buried too deep in the shavings and died I think about 10-12 days in, and one looked fully grown but had not pipped and she abandoned it and took the babies off the nest. She taught them to eat and drink and all look good so far.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  2. silkiesandbuffs

silkiesandbuffs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    Weatherford, Texas
    Congrats on the babies! [​IMG] But we must have pictures!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  3. busywoman

busywoman Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2010
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Congrats on the new babies!!! [​IMG] I just had my first successful incubator hatch on Monday and now have 13 new babies. Can't wait until next year for my hens to hatch thier own!! [​IMG]

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Oh wow, congratulations to you! [​IMG] Thats cool! Enjoy your little ones!! [​IMG]

5. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Congratulations!!! But wait, I am confused... sitting on 16, 14 hatched last night, and 11 this morning? I must be totally missing something here. But congrats - can't wait to see pictures!!

6. MiniBeesKnees

MiniBeesKnees Chillin' With My Peeps

They were born between about seven-thirty PM at night when I closed up the coop and there were no babies, and eleven AM in the morning when I opened up the coop and there were 14 fuzzy little babies, already dry and off the nest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by