Big egg TINNIEST FIRST EGG

wanttobefarmer

Songster
13 Years
May 29, 2010
Elgin, TX
Ok I have these two australorps that were wanting in the coop (they were freeranging and didn't want to lay in the boxes outside) so I put them in for a bout 30 min and went back to check on them. They are both 5 months old. One layed the biggest egg of any of my chickens really maybe bigger than I've ever seen. The other laid an egg so small it looks like a quail egg, or the size of one. Here is a pic of the two eggs compared to reg eggs.
59038_feathers_040.jpg

The big egg is impressive (the hen collapsed in exhaustion after ward and is in my bathroom recovering) but has anyone ever seen a chicken's first egg so small.
59038_eggs.jpg

Last edited:
We just had one of our first eggs exactly that small......and it did NOT have a yolk in it, only the white.....probably that small little egg is missing its yolk. I cooked it up anyway ! but it was a bit hard to crack open being so small. That is one cute egg.....
big_smile.png

Wow we were wandering what it looked like on the inside if it was a completely miniature egg. I'll let you know when we crack it open. It's so weird that it might even be smaller than a quail egg. I really do hope it has a yolk. The fun I would have frying it.

Well I'm really curious what tomm will bring. I don't know if I want bigger eggs or If it'd be cool to have a chicken that lays tiny eggs. I may take a better pics

Back
Top Bottom