Big Eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by knottydoll, Jan 12, 2010.

1. knottydoll

knottydoll Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2009
    I have 4 Red Sex Links and one whiteish/grey hen (possibly a meat bird) and she is laying the most enormous eggs. I am getting eggs weighing 3.5 ounces or thereabouts every day . They are also all turning out to be dopuble yolkers!!!
    I don't have a question , I just thought I would post as I am so proud of my girls....first time chicken mum and all!!!
    She also didn't satrt laying til she was 8 months old either. She must have been saving up the big ones!!!!

Mum to 4 growing children, 4 dogs, 4 cats, 3 Guinea Pigs , 14 Fish and 5 chickies. Oh, and wife to a vetry understanding Male Nurse![​IMG]

2. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    WOW! These are chicken eggs? I've had double yolkers that were no where near that big! [​IMG]

3. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I'm not sure about the size and all, but when my BA started laying a lot of her's were double yolkers to start with. They weren't SUPER huge or anything though. I have read on here that it's quite common for new pullets to have double yolkers at first. They kinda gotta get their stuff to work out the kinks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by