big enough for bantams? - answer needed asap please

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by spish, Sep 29, 2010.

1. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    i have my poor little chabos stuck in a chinchilla cage at the moment as i still have nowhere for them outside

have just seen this rabbit villa for sale...would this be big enough for the japanese bantams?? (theres 6 of them)

the size is 204cm x 45cm x 85cm ....? would they be able to climb the ladders with their short stumpy legs?

http://nl.kapaza.be/limburg/luxe-konijnenhok-villa-ren-nieuw-51644332.htm

need an answer asap so i can let the guy know , then if its good it will be here today...!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Bantams can fly pretty well, so they may still be able to take a running jump to the roost.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    sorry, I never learned the metric system. But the photo makes it look like there is room. Would you also be letting them free range at some point?

4. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    To be honest and being the cheap skate I am I'd be building something a little bigger for alot cheaper. Those chabos can fly really good! My little japanese hen flew to the roof of my 2 story house from the ground and had flown from the front yard all the way to the backyard (1 acre) without hitting the ground once. Outdoor dog kennels are great for runs then just add a dog house inside for them to sleep in. It gives them the height to fly within their pen. I keep 14 seramas in a 4ft by 6ft coop with an attatched dog kennel run that is about 6ft wide by 10 ft long. They love it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by