Big families, what gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayCityBabe

Songster
11 Years
May 1, 2008
I understand that a great many people are opposed to birth control for religious reasons. Okay, I will give you that. What I cannot comprehend are the folks with a baby every 12-14 months. Do they not breastfeed? Do they "want" a new kid, yearly?
Another thing: Should doctors prescribe fertility drugs to people who already have children? Enlighten me.
I am not trying to stir something up, here. It's just that I do not understand how someone can bow to their God-given fertility and not nurse that baby. Or, take drugs and say that God gave them a litter of babies...

Maybe they really like babies?
hu.gif

but yeah, you'd think that if they didn't want more babies they'd er... "take the necessary precautions" and thats not necessarily birth control

Quote:
Weelllll.......I know a few families with 4 kids all very close together--and they planned it that way. Not my cup of tea, but none of them are exactly burdens on society. Also, breastfeeding your baby is not equivalent to birth control. I know women who started their cycles again within 3-4 months of having their babies, and they were nursing.

I have 4 kids
love.gif
and they are 9,8,4 and 2 I got fixed
roll.png
Some people want lots of children and there is nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
A lot of people think if you breastfeed your baby, it's a natural form of birth control. It is true for SOME women, but not all.

To the OP, what business is it of yours how many kids other people do or don't have, or whether or not they use birth control/fertility?

It's freedom of choice. Each of us has that right. It doesn't matter if anyone understands their reasoning or not, it's their choice. They don't need anyone's permission, nor do they need everyone to understand why they do have kids or don't have kids. It's their choice, their business, and as far as birth control/fertility issues, that is between them and their doctor.

My sister is 11 months older than I am, she breastfed my sister until she found out she was expecting me.

I chose to have 2, and am content with that. We figured if we wanted more later that there are many children in the foster system who would benefit from some stability, and we didn't need to add more to our planets rampant population growth. At this point 2 is what I feel I can handle.

However, some people choose more, it seems to work fine for them. I would never judge their decision to have more children, this is not a one-size-fits all planet.

having alot of children is a precautionary - who knows what kind of future they might have? and if people start having too many kids, well.. disease is an excellent form of population control, as are wars

hmm.png

lol.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom