"Big girl" noises from 8.5 week old EE?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by KristaBeth, Jun 16, 2010.

1. KristaBeth

KristaBeth Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2010
    Providence, RI
    When do pullets usually trade their "cheeps" for "bok boks"? I am hearing some distinctly hen-like noises from my EE for the last couple of days, but not all the time. Is this unusual?

2. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    My 5 week old BR girls have started to occasionally make a "grown up" hen sound, though its still majority cheeping, I think its normal [​IMG]

3. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    Mine were closer to 12 weeks before the peeping turned into big girl talk!
    Caroline

4. MarieNC

MarieNC Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Just heard one of my 7 week old girls make a "big girl" sound today. The others stopped dead in their tracks like "what the heck was THAT?"....

5. Boo-Boo's Mama

Boo-Boo's Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

My 12 week old RSL are no longer peeping...they are officially BIG GIRLS doing the boc-boc. They talk to me each time I go in and out on the porch...when I answer them with a boc-boc...they turn their heads and look at me like "when did she learn this new version??" Too funny. [​IMG]

6. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    My SL wyandotts are starting to "ba-gwak". I think I liked the cheeping better. I got them at the beginning of March so they are 14 weeks old.

7. cabot

cabot Chillin' With My Peeps

My 9 week old EE is making big girl sounds and the rest are still peeping with just the occasional Bawk. I'm going to miss the peeping but I love hearing the clucking too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by