Big Gov't STINKS...Cobb County, GA takes away MORE rights from us...

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by GA_Gypsy, Sep 15, 2011.

1. GA_Gypsy

GA_Gypsy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2011
    N. Georgia
  2. Okie Amazon

Okie Amazon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Midwest City
    [​IMG] So sorry, especially about your daughter. Maybe she can keep her favorite as a "house chicken"?

And yes, our freedoms are being eroded like a raging river.

3. GA_Gypsy

GA_Gypsy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2011
    N. Georgia
    "Chicken advocate forced to give up fowl
    Cobb zoning group has given Joseph Pond 45 days to remove animals"

4. ChickenGirl3

ChickenGirl3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    OMG! I KNOW! I am scared to show off my chickens....so i keep them a secret. [​IMG] I really don't know what to do with them, I like in some what the same area as that man and i am to scared to know and take what people think of me [​IMG]

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'm sorry you're having to get rid of your chickens.

Am I missing something tho? It says the ordinance against chickens on less than 2 acres has been in place since 1972......long before you got your chickens.

6. Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Hmmm......

Wonder how a forty year old law is NOW taking away someone's rights TODAY.

7. JD4570

JD4570 Chillin' With My Peeps

Remember ordinances don't have teeth until it suits SOMEONE to have them enforced.[​IMG] I wonder who that someone is? They only have as much power as we let them have. Find out the facts on the issues and please vote!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  8. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    It's unfortunate that those who don't have chickens have no regard for those who do. Imagine if it was some 40 year old ordinance against owning cats or dogs on less than 2 acres, I highly doubt the board would have unanimously upheld the law then. Oh well, poor guy, poor daughter.

9. JosephPond

JosephPond Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2011
    Marietta, GA
    Thank you for your support. I was under the impression that I was covered by State Law 2-1-6 when I got my chicks. Only later, after a neighbor complained, did I find out I was wrong. I am looking into an appeal and fighting hard to change the code thru www.backyardchix.org. Stop by and lend a hand if possible! and tell your friends!!

10. IRChicken

IRChicken Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2011
    It seems people are fighting anti-chicken legislation all over the place.
    It looks like some San Diego Council Reps are willing to try and change the rules.
    People keep chickens in Manhattan. (There's a youtube video somewhere.)
    Keep up the fight in Atlanta JosephPond, we need more leaders like you in all anti-chicken communities. Thank you for fighting.

Dog's and cat's can fill you with love but chickens can fill your belly. [​IMG]

P.S.
    Is that an open-air chicken coop in the pic?
    http://mdjonline.com/view/full_stor...the-coop?instance=secondary_story_left_column

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by