Big hello from Charleston, SC! * pics added *

itsjustjen

Songster
8 Years
Mar 10, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Ok so I will admit, I was NOT a bird person up to 2 weeks ago when we went into the feed store for alfalfa pellets and came out with a chick and a duck. An hour later, my husband picks up our daughter from school and magically 2 more chicks appeared in our box! So now we have 4, yes 4 birds!

Over the past 2 weeks the little boogers have grown on me. I love to watch them interact with each other and to watch them grow!

The breeds we have are a sussex, 2 orpingtons, and a Blue Swedish duck. The duck is the only one we are 100% sure of. The Sussex is my guess as I googled the coloring of the chick and found an identical chick on this website under Sussex chick. Will post pics as soon as I am allowed so I can finally nail the breeds down.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
from Hollywood, just a bit south of ya!
frow.gif

Quote:
Actually live in Moncks Corner but have found saying Charleston is easier since most people have no clue where Moncks Corner is....but still pretty close to you. I used to board my horses in Ravenel and my hubs plays softball on John's Island!!

Nice to meet another local yolkal....hehe my first attempt at chicken humor!

Quote:
Actually live in Moncks Corner but have found saying Charleston is easier since most people have no clue where Moncks Corner is....but still pretty close to you. I used to board my horses in Ravenel and my hubs plays softball on John's Island!!

gig.gif
*groan* What's amazing is that I have never been to Monkey's Corner! Some of my birds have moved up that way though.....

Quote:

gig.gif
*groan* What's amazing is that I have never been to Monkey's Corner! Some of my birds have moved up that way though.....

Just move here 3 weeks ago now from Summerville. Monkey's Corner....lmao

Quote:
Hey dawg, look back thru this thread ^^^ - where did your original welcome post go? The one that's quoted in post #7? Weird, wonder if there's a glitch....

Back
Top Bottom