Big hello from Charleston, SC! * pics added *

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by itsjustjen, Mar 10, 2011.

1. itsjustjen

itsjustjen Songster

Mar 10, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Ok so I will admit, I was NOT a bird person up to 2 weeks ago when we went into the feed store for alfalfa pellets and came out with a chick and a duck. An hour later, my husband picks up our daughter from school and magically 2 more chicks appeared in our box! So now we have 4, yes 4 birds!

Over the past 2 weeks the little boogers have grown on me. I love to watch them interact with each other and to watch them grow!

The breeds we have are a sussex, 2 orpingtons, and a Blue Swedish duck. The duck is the only one we are 100% sure of. The Sussex is my guess as I googled the coloring of the chick and found an identical chick on this website under Sussex chick. Will post pics as soon as I am allowed so I can finally nail the breeds down.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    [​IMG] from Hollywood, just a bit south of ya! [​IMG]

3. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

4. itsjustjen

itsjustjen Songster

Mar 10, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Quote:Actually live in Moncks Corner but have found saying Charleston is easier since most people have no clue where Moncks Corner is....but still pretty close to you. I used to board my horses in Ravenel and my hubs plays softball on John's Island!!

Nice to meet another local yolkal....hehe my first attempt at chicken humor!

5. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Actually live in Moncks Corner but have found saying Charleston is easier since most people have no clue where Moncks Corner is....but still pretty close to you. I used to board my horses in Ravenel and my hubs plays softball on John's Island!!

[​IMG] *groan* What's amazing is that I have never been to Monkey's Corner! Some of my birds have moved up that way though.....

6. itsjustjen

itsjustjen Songster

Mar 10, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Quote:Have to ask, how extreme south in GA are you? I am originally from Kingsland, GA.

7. itsjustjen

itsjustjen Songster

Mar 10, 2011
    Middle Tennessee

[​IMG] *groan* What's amazing is that I have never been to Monkey's Corner! Some of my birds have moved up that way though.....

Just move here 3 weeks ago now from Summerville. Monkey's Corner....lmao

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Glen St Mary, Florida
    Welcome to BYC. I'm familiar with the Charleston area. I was stationed there from 85-90 while in the Navy. I survived Hugo.

9. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Hey dawg, look back thru this thread ^^^ - where did your original welcome post go? The one that's quoted in post #7? Weird, wonder if there's a glitch....

10. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Songster

Jan 1, 2011
    Ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio [​IMG]

WARNING! BEWARE OF CHICKEN MATH! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: