1. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    I looked at your posts and you have a ton of recipes on them...are they also in the BYC cookbook? I looked for your name in the search and couldn't see you.

2. bigmike&nan

bigmike&nan Chillin' With My Peeps

Naah, I don't have any in the cookbook. I got kinda bad eyesight, I have a pretty severe case of glaucoma, and some days my eyes give me real fits (see those glasses I'm wearing, glare is a real issue for me - all those years as a computer operator looking at computer screens and watching tv too close to the screen (you reading this Squishy ??),
    just look at the topics I started, that'll keep Squishy busy a while. I write the recipes here for the most part, then copy/paste them at other sites I post at. All the recipes I ever posted ever are here, by the time I cook it and write it and post it a couple other places I'm sorta bushed. I use a Mac and I want to take all my recipes, including a lot of stuff I got in chef school and after and write them in Apple Works format and then convert them all the Microsoft Word too so I can burn cds and send them to friends, but most days I'm too busy cooking and doing laundry and chasing the cat and chickens back up the driveway I don't have the time. BYC this is my new home - I like the people I meet here a lot.

Michael

[​IMG]

3. ChooksinChoppers

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    I understand. I shall write in bold like you do to make it easier for you eh? Don't get your hopes up on Squishy cooking much (hardly any) [​IMG] of your recipies..she may have a go at the banana cream pie though! She loves that! But alas she is a picky eater and has a very short recipe list for herself. Not that youv'e asked or anything but I am from Australia (been here since 85) Took a cooking class a while ago which got me in the door at a couple of restaurants as cook/prep/grill slave.. then a stint at a nursing home where I learned to puree hamburgers (bun and all) and chocolate cake plus all manner of foods [​IMG] and cook breakfast for 150 people with no help, got shocked by their handyman special oven [​IMG] quit that and went back to Aus for a few months and took temp chef/cook jobs to stretch the finances. One of which was on a resort island as breakfast chef, which I loved. Lots of work though...huge buffet with smoked samon,9 different fruits,eggs benidict (where I learned to make hollindase sauce from scratch) fresh muffins, plus cater to Asians with rice and soup and condiments etc..you name it they had it on that dern buffet [​IMG] So despite what squishy says I am NOT a chef by any means BUT I did learn to enjoy cooking! Just by accident one day I got an extra blob of pancake mix in just the right spot and put another blob to make koala ears, chocky chips for eyes, nose and mouth. Kids at the resort went nuts for them! Next job was on the barge that delivered everything to all of said resort islands...what fun cooking with huge waves pounding the boat up and down!

4. bigmike&nan

Great story, wow you have seen a lot of cool and unusual cooking jobs.
    Tell Squishy I said hi ok...
    Rosie too

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  5. ChooksinChoppers

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    How did you know about Rosie? *Looks around for spy cameras*

6. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I love your recipes too Mike . . . is it easier for you to read if we write in bold? becasue if it's easier for you then it's probably easier for others as well . . .

7. bigmike&nan

My cat Jackson looks around on the computer all the time. LOL
    Katy, it really is easier for me to catch my own mistakes if I write it in bold. It takes some doing to get the ingredients organized in the order they are used, write the process down and have it come out right the first time, then I save it and go edit it to find the little lapses in grammar and spelling AND most important the actual process. A couple times I posted a recipe and while I was in my edit/correction process someone posted a reply pointing out the very mistakes I was working to correct. LOL.
    Yeah it's a lot easier for me to read if it's in BOLD, and I'm using a 24inch iMac (soon switching up to a new 27 inch iMac).

Thanks for all the kind words...

Michael (and Nan)

8. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    [/b]Hey Mike you get that CD done & I bet you can sell a lot of copies of it!

edited to try & make it "bold" but I did something wrong...

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  9. ChooksinChoppers

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Quote:LOL I tried to help you fix it and I couldn't [​IMG]

10. ChooksinChoppers

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Mike, at the top of this forum there is a *sticky* asking for help to get recipes out of the threads/posts and they will put them in the cookbook. If you would like me to, I would post up links for all of yours so admin can move them? Just a thought. No worries if you don't want them moved though.

Oh..I take that back..they put them in the Index

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by