big mysterious blood spot!!

Chickenlover0810

Songster
Sep 5, 2019
Michigan
I was doing chores tonight and I looked at one of the roosts and there was a big blood spot on and under the roost. it looked a couple hours to a day old. and that specific roost only the young chickens go on it at night. a couple days ago one of the chickens had a broken toenail and that was somewhat bloody but that had like a week to heal so I don't think that was her toenail blood. I'm real worried so if anyone knows what might've happened then that wouykld be great! I am typing this at 6 at night so it already dark outside so I will get a better look at all the hens tomorrow
FB9A6576-5090-427D-BE8F-B5E2A1F01131.jpeg
5FD7A41D-5AEF-418B-9FED-7B2D34EA3A73.jpeg
FBF29C55-BCEA-4728-B125-405652807FF7.jpeg
89D416CF-4BAB-4452-BC0C-A27CF442721B.jpeg

.... again, remember she said there was a broken toenail. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the culprit; with that much blood someone would be seriously and obviously injured of a fight had broken out. I would check that tie and make sure it’s healing properly - looks exactly how blood would pool on a roost and drip down if it were coming from a toe.

.... again, remember she said there was a broken toenail. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the culprit; with that much blood someone would be seriously and obviously injured of a fight had broken out. I would check that tie and make sure it’s healing properly - looks exactly how blood would pool on a roost and drip down if it were coming from a toe.
thanks! ill check tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom