Big News Article!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by psimek, Aug 27, 2007.

1. psimek

psimek Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2007
  2. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

I got an error message - what was the Article called?

3. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

4. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    wow! if only i were in your class as a kid! that sounds like a really fun project(s) heck! i would do that now even!

5. psimek

psimek Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2007
    Thanks Rosy! The article was wrong on one count, I had 700 students, not 400! I am going to have another grade, which is 825. Luckily, I just have to make sure they do have fun!
    We had a bad storm here recently that blew down half the sunflowers & flooded the courtyards. I had to evacuate the chickens & finished just as the tornado sirens went off! I started to cry on Saturday, but we replanted and on Sunday that wonderful article came out. The garden will still be a thrill when the students come back.
    I also just recieved a call from an Eagle Scout who wants to build us a real coop! This is fantastic news because he is going to raise the funds for it. The call came just a few hours after I accepted an afterschool just because our budget is tight.
    I might start getting excited about school starting...

6. greenacre

greenacre Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2007
    South Eastern Michigan
    Hi Pam...congrats on the wonderful article! I love how you are teaching the students at so many different levels. And yes, I also wish you were one of my teachers back in the day. [​IMG]

7. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Wow, that is so cool! My son's school has a courtyard and last year the principal decided it needed to become an outdoor classroom. It is now a wonderful space with some veggies, but mostly native plants and butterfly attracting flowers. The principal was going to get a weather station set up and wanted me to bring the chickens for a week-long visit. Alas, we have the fourth new principal in five years, and will have to see what this school year brings.

Congrats with the great program and the write up in the newspaper.

Karen

8. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Thats really great! You did an amazing job!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by