BIG news for anyone near east Tn.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by KingsCalls, Jan 6, 2008.

1. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Today at the annual Jefferson County Fair board meeting, not only was I voted onto the fair board as an advisor but, I was also voted in as the Poultry Show Coordinater...!!! I will be contacting the local high schools, 4-H clubs, any poultry clubs, co-ops, feed stores and judges and anybody else associated with poultry. This year will not be a scanctioned show
    as we are concentrating on getting as many entries as possible as they did not have a show last year for the 1st time in years. I will post info. in the "Show & Swap" catagory once I have all the details worked out. I would love for some of my BYC friends to attend this show and even enter birds as I really want this to take off. I do know that the show is scheduled for August 2nd. Please...if you are any where near east Tn. please consider entering a few birds in the show or just show up and say hello.
    Thank you all very much, Jeff
    P.S. I am so excited about this and really want to get people of all ages more involved
    in poultry.

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Of course I can join in, a little far for me [​IMG] but wanted to say a big
    CONGRAT'S TO YOU ......... [​IMG]

3. GloriaH

GloriaH Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Watertown, Tennessee
    I'd like to try. When you know the date, I'll know if I can make it. I'm going to try to get a poultry show going at the Dekalb Co. fair here in Middle Tennessee.

4. dbjay417

dbjay417 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    Geez I wish i could have been involved in stuff like that when I was a kid.

5. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    good for u kc [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by