Big Pekin with very swollen hot hock. Won't walk

pnp4kidz

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 5, 2009
San Francisco East Bay CA
I have a one year old Pekin Drake who has been limping forever it seems, no known cause. Today he wouldn't even try to walk, so for the millionth time I picked him up and looked at his feet... Then noticed his hock was really swollen. Tender. And hot. Ugh. Help!! I separated him and bought tylan 50 but unsure of dose etc. I had just special ordered brewers yeast as I was told niacin was needed for the limp. Suggestions?

I have a one year old Pekin Drake who has been limping forever it seems, no known cause. Today he wouldn't even try to walk, so for the millionth time I picked him up and looked at his feet... Then noticed his hock was really swollen. Tender. And hot. Ugh. Help!! I separated him and bought tylan 50 but unsure of dose etc. I had just special ordered brewers yeast as I was told niacin was needed for the limp. Suggestions?
Sounds more like an infection let me get casportpony to help you she has alot of info on medication.

Can you take hime to a vet?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom