Big Scaredy-cat Chickens!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by newchickmom, Mar 23, 2009.

1. newchickmom

newchickmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2007
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have read about a lot of people who use the chick-aprons for molting and such. Soo, I decided to try a couple on hens that have molted and are bare-backed right now, just to protect their backs from pecking and the roo.
    I put them on 2 of the chickens ALL of them just freaked out! [​IMG] I couldn't figure out , at first, what was wrong. Then I realized they were all running from the girls who had the aprons on. [​IMG] The funniest part was, the girls with the aprons were running too, trying to get away from some unknown baddie. [​IMG]
    Needless to say, I had to catch the 2 girls and remove their aprons. I had put brown and tan print colored aprons on black chickens and I guess the others just didn't recognize them. [​IMG] Should I try again with aprons the same coler as the chickens?

2. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    HA HA I don't know what you should do I just think that its funny the ones that were wearing them were running around! [​IMG]

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I thought it took about 30 minutes for them to get accustomed to changes such as peepers, aprons, and diapers. You might want to try again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by