Big shout out to Snow White my White Leghorn egg laying machine!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bobbieschicks, Feb 13, 2012.

1. bobbieschicks

bobbieschicks Chicken Tender

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    Way to go Snow White! [​IMG]

She is a phenomenal pullet - she started laying on Thanksgiving Day 2011 just 2 days shy of her 19 week birthday. She had some issues with softshells after the 1st week when I thought for sure she would NEVER lay a good egg. Then she started laying good eggs that got progressively larger - and kept laying for 56 continuous days. Phew!
    [​IMG]

I am so proud of her. She took a day off and then laid another 7 days worth of large eggs before taking today off. She so deserves that day off. Of course I will probably start worrying about her NOT laying an egg now. LOL! If you are looking for a true egg producing machine - I recommend White Leghorns.

Forgot to post her pic - here is my beauty. Two weeks ago at 28 weeks old. Look at that puss - only a mother could love ;)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  2. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Neat to know. Hat's off to Snow White.

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sourland LOVES leghorns. To me the hens are among the most beautifulof all chickens, and as for their egg production [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG].

4. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I love my three leghorns. they are about 22 months old and haven't molted or stopped laying. Every now and then they miss an egg.. but that's rare. They kept my egg sales going when everyone else was molting, so hopefully they'll take a break soon. :p

5. Kittyf

Kittyf Chillin' With My Peeps

Can't wait for mine to start laying - c'mon Kathy! (aka Whitey)

6. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    Mine started laying about ten days ago! She laid her first (at 33 weeks), skipped a day, and now is pumping them out! They're getting bigger fast!

1 person likes this.
  7. devora

devora Chillin' With My Peeps

Gotta agree, Leghorns are fantabulous.

So smart. If I leave the front door open they will come in and go right up to the fridge...where the treats come from!

1 person likes this.
  8. Snack Giver

Snack Giver Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Seattle
    our QTip never misses a day since last summer! She is so **** funny too. My favorite breed!!

9. bobbieschicks

bobbieschicks Chicken Tender

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    HAHA - she knew I was bragging on her so she missed yesterday - and today! It think this sudden cold weather is freaking her out.

10. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

Mine missed yesterday too :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by