Big snow storm!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by duckins, Feb 8, 2013.

1. duckins

duckins Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2012
    Gladys, Va
    Wanted to wish everyone well in New York and New England states that will be affected by the snow storm. I'm praying you and your animals remain safe and warm. Keep us posted.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    X2

3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG]

Thanks, we really need the prayers. Wind's starting to whip up out there. All the domestic critters at our place, two-leggeds and four-leggeds are indoors now.

*********[​IMG]*********************

(not an artist - this is me waving to you from the blizzard)

The bottom line of asterisks represent the five inches of snow we have at this point.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  4. Carcajou

Carcajou Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2012
    Delhi, New York
    Hang in there, Amiga! And who said there are no two snowflakes that look alike!

5. Carcajou

Jul 3, 2012
    Delhi, New York
    My blessings this morning to those digging out from the storm and who may have lost power. May your troubles be few.

6. Carcajou

Jul 3, 2012
    Delhi, New York
    All dug out here. My Khakis seem a little chagrined this morning. I do hope they will forgive me!

7. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Hope all weathered the storm ok! In my parts we got hit hard with snow, must have more than 10inches, it just kept coming last night BUT no lose of power and no damage. Will likely have to dig out again today and it's cold... -13C with windchill in the -20's brrr but sunny! hard to say if the ducks will venture out today, yesterday they did not! and of coarse the chickens run is buried so they are going nowhere lol

8. Valntyn

Valntyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2012
    Central Maine
    What a white, windy mess! We've got 16" in our lowest spots. My husband's been working on and off since 3:30AM and has barely made a dent. We have a driveway and a road to plow before we even get to the main road, and he's only gotten halfway through the driveway... [​IMG] He DID, though, make sure to shovel off the roof of the duck house first thing, before he started on the driveway. My hero! [​IMG] I keep peeking out toward the duck house (gotta love binoculars!), but I'm not seeing much activity. Everyone's in the duck house, which is REALLY weird, especially for the Muscovies. *chuckle* We're going to have to shovel paths for them to be able to get to food and water, when we get out there. Speaking of which... *sigh* ... Here I go... [​IMG]

Thinking of everyone and sending warm, safe thoughts.

9. Shellz

Shellz Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey Going Quakers! Nice to see you here! Yep, same here. Hubby went to work yesterday, so I had to plow with ATV w/blade for first time. Lol, that was fun! Did a good enough job for him to get in anyway. I haven't seen this much snow since I lived in Winnipeg or Montreal!

10. ChampionAlex

ChampionAlex Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2012
    CT
    It is terrible here in CT we have a snow blower and were having trouble. Nowhere to put the snow lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by