big surprise

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sheila3935, Sep 5, 2010.

1. sheila3935

sheila3935 Songster

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Today I came home for lunch from work, checked for eggs and found this told my girl she can take the day off tomorrow after this one
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Songster

Dec 28, 2009
    WOW, yeah, she was probably thinking the same thing. lol..taking off the rest of the week. Congrats though.

3. sugarjax06

sugarjax06 In the Brooder

Jul 12, 2010
    Lancaster, CA
    ha ha ha WOW!

4. trunkman

trunkman Songster

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    I forsee a great double yoker breakfast!! [​IMG]

5. Gypsi

Gypsi Songster

My grandmother had a huge chicken egg in her china cabinet when I was a child. The opening in it was trimmed out with rick rack. It was about 4 1/2 inches long (or so I remember, but around the size of your huge egg). She said that when she cracked it open there was a normal sized perfectly formed egg inside. She must have had that decorated shell in her cabinet for 30 or 40 years afterward. It only happened once. I think her hens were RIR - they were white.

Gypsi

6. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

My girls only did the double yolkers on occasion for the first two months or so of laying, but I always felt kind of bad for them when I found one...lol...like giving birth to a 10 lb. baby...

7. SparksNV

SparksNV Songster

Jun 13, 2010
    Spanish Springs, NV
    like giving birth to a 10 lb. baby...

kind of makes you thankful for an epidural...yah, give that hen the week off...​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by