Big thank you to BYC members Finally Relief from heat

Saaniya

Crazy Chicken Mom
6 Years
Aug 31, 2017
New Delhi India
Hello ,

Me & my rooster struggling in hot humid summer of India and I was noticing them holding wings out open beak ..now I'm finally in relief after reading getting tons of suggestions I finally installed a standing fan close to my rooster box
I already have ceiling fan in their room but standing fan make them not holding their wings out .

We also give them daily shower we having 42C and may - June will be same

But I've a question that
They yawn while fan was running
Can they swallow air

Thanks to @azygous for great electrolyte recipe working great

So it's good to hear you're getting through the worst of the summer. The fans are a great idea. Moving air around is the best way to cool chickens.

Don't worry about them swallowing air. Chickens have a different respiratory system than us. The air goes into their lungs, which are much smaller than you'd think they'd need, and then from the lungs it goes into nine air sacs where the oxygen is absorbed into their blood, then it carries carbon dioxide back through the lungs and out of their beaks.

I think your boys are just enjoying the nice breeze.

So it's good to hear you're getting through the worst of the summer. The fans are a great idea. Moving air around is the best way to cool chickens.

Don't worry about them swallowing air. Chickens have a different respiratory system than us. The air goes into their lungs, which are much smaller than you'd think they'd need, and then from the lungs it goes into nine air sacs where the oxygen is absorbed into their blood, then it carries carbon dioxide back through the lungs and out of their beaks.

I think your boys are just enjoying the nice breeze.

Pheww yeah they are loving the fans
And electrolyte I give them some dextrose powder too I notice after electrolyte my rooster's comb get back to red ..it was organge 2 days ago ..you are so kind thanks :hugs

Back
Top Bottom