1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Big thank you to everyone who encouraged me to get Buff Orps!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by michellerene, May 16, 2007.

1. michellerene

michellerene Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Graham, WA
    My two little girls are the sweetest, funniest birds! They ran right up to me & today started jumping up on me & playing with my hair & the buttons on my sweater as I sat in the run with a cup of tea. They are just so sweet & friendly. [​IMG] The next friendliest are my Black Austrolorps... the Barred Rocks are really standoffish & keep to themselves.

Anyway, thanks! I couldn't be happier with my yellow girls!

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Buff Orpingtons are my favorites.

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I have 17 buffs....when I go into the pen, I get mobbed!! I LOVE IT! Altho, at 10 weeks old.....thats a lot of chickens on a 5 ft tall woman! LOL Hubby said I "blend in" LOL They are MUCH sweeter than my RIR or Comets.

4. Country Gal

Country Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Capac, MI
    Love my buffs too! I have 9 of them... too bad the other chicks aren't too fond of them! They currently all have purple butts... they all got pecked yesterday while I was at work, so they all got a good dose of Blue Lotion.

I walked into the brooding area today for a visit and one of them just hopped up on my shoe and hung out for a while!

5. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I have 3 buffs, they are only 1 week old and when i kneel in my brooder they climb into my hands and arms. My next friendly are the delawares, such cuties then my red stars.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by