Big thanks to the person who posted pics of the Master Trapper

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Dogfish, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Dogfish

Dogfish Rube Goldberg incarnate

Mar 17, 2010
    Western Washington
    [​IMG]

Built this on Sunday, as our chickens have attracted a few visitors. Added handles later, so I can move it like a wheelbarrow.

2. Miss Red

Miss Red Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Trinity, Texas
    Good job! I bet you could catch quite a bit in that.

3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    That looks really great! Good job! I love the wheel that you put on it! When my hubby made the Master Trapper for me, there were no wheels, and even today, I have to put the darn thing on a dolly cart to move it!

Yours looks great!

4. RaccoonRancher

RaccoonRancher Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Very Nice!!!Having quite a bit of Wildlife ,Cat, & Dog rescue trapping of injured animals, may I suggest a few things to aid in trapping...move the hinged floor triggering assembly a few inches further towards the rear....any large animal would have a tail extending past the entrance, thus not allowing the door to close fully & would back out in a hurry.....add another simiar brace next to the middle support & mount the hinge point to it...Remember, all animals are just trying to eat, & can not discriminate food in sight...Would you kill every bird of prey, including eagles, owls, & hawks because it ate a songbird, or your favorite dove??...You went through the trouble to trap...Please relocate whatever you trap, don't just call it a nuisance predator & kill it.......thanks~~RR

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by