Big Time Coon Problem!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by possumpatrol, Mar 14, 2011.

1. possumpatrol

possumpatrol Hatching

Apr 19, 2010
    This guy has a serious coon problem!!

2. GarlicEater

GarlicEater Songster

Feb 23, 2011
    Gilroy, CA
    Wow. Did the math and even though my newest toy, a Henry "youth" lever-action is shorter and holds less rounds than the standard version, I'd have enough for one per each!

3. FiveHens

FiveHens Songster

Apr 7, 2010
    I'm going to be a little unpopular for saying this (I know), but those guys are so cute!

4. FeatheredFeline

FeatheredFeline Chirping

Mar 2, 2011
    Northwest Washington
    Quote:I rather like raccoons just so long as they're no where near my chickens.

5. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Crossing the Road

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    Quote:As I stated in an earlier thread - they are cute. When they're not snarling, growling, baring their teeth at you, and eating your chickens....

6. FeatheredFeline

FeatheredFeline Chirping

Mar 2, 2011
    Northwest Washington
    Quote:As I stated in an earlier thread - they are cute. When they're not snarling, growling, baring their teeth at you, and eating your chickens....

Exactly.

7. aprophet

aprophet Songster

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    Quote:I rather like raccoons just so long as they're no where near my chickens.

I like them too .....with Bar B Q sauce

8. ladybug99

ladybug99 Songster

Aug 10, 2010
    Monroe New Jersey
    They did not look as if they were starving.. they had to be the fattest coons I have ever seen.. doubt they would know what to do with a live chicken....they look as if they are dumpster divin coons LOL

9. GarlicEater

GarlicEater Songster

Feb 23, 2011
    Gilroy, CA

I'll even agree - they are cute. I read the book Rascal by Sterling North (I'd actually read Wolfling first, another good book) and of course they're cute. But they're still, in the end of it all, RACCOONS. [​IMG]

10. Mattemma

Mattemma Crowing

Aug 12, 2009
    We saw 2 crossing the road about a mile or so from my home.Kids were all excited to see them.Me, I was trying to figure out their range lol.
    I used to like a lot of animal before I got chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: