Big White Chicken - do you know what she is?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by advantagegs, Oct 25, 2010.

1. advantagegs

advantagegs New Egg

Oct 17, 2010
    We have this nice female that lays brown eggs and is an excellent mother. We got her in a group marked "rainbow" which later we found was the name the hatcheries give to odds and ends they want to get rid of. Does anyone know what she is? Thanks![​IMG]

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Maybe a white Rock?

3. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    What color are her legs?

If her legs are a pearly white color, I'm going to say she's a White Orpington.

If her legs are a yellow color, then she could be a White Plymouth Rock. Or possibly even a White Leghorn, however she seems far to "round" to be a Leghorn.

She's very pretty. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  4. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

White Rock....can't really see her comb structure from this pic but she sure looks like a WR. GREAT breed to have! Good layers, good moms, good foragers, hardy to the max.

5. foxhomechickens

foxhomechickens Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2010
    Shes very pretty and her chicks are cute

6. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    I agree with the White Rock guess...hard to tell but looks like she has yellow legs.

7. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    wite rock her leg look to be yelow and her comb look like it is a silgle so i would say wite rock and verry nice breed to have

8. Flippacase

Flippacase Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    Massachusetts
    looks like my single comb RI White...

9. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

I would have to say White Rock as well. I have one and she is a hoot! She is my biggest hen, and the biggest pig! She lays nice brown eggs too. Your hen is very pretty! [​IMG]

10. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    She really looks like my White Jersey Giants. All of mine went broody this summer and were excellent momma. One we named Missy and she went broody 3 times. Very devoted

Chicks are adorable

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by