big world outside the brooder box

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by florida lee, May 7, 2011.

1. florida lee

florida lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Morriston,fl
    Was warm today so the chicks got to stay in the outside Brooder box. Its a lot bigger and with wire front they can see out. Better then the cardboard box in the shed. They line up along the wire front and watch everything. the dogs stare in and they stare out. I smashed some chicken grit (too make it a bit smaller) for them because before long they will be going to the tractor. they were 4 weeks old this past Wednesday. I use a flat cardboard box the kind canned dog food comes in, sprinkle some sand and the grit in it and then the games begin. They all jump in , have a great time then fall asleep in the box.
    I have been giving them one egg hard boiled each week. But an occasional bug will fly into the brooder and that is fair game. Starting to get some grit in them before they hit the ground. Reason for the grit is I want to start giving them some additional treats.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Outside brooder will soon be their new home for a few more weeks as soon as the weather is warmer at night,,been in the mid 50's at night, 90 during the day.
    [​IMG]

2. crazygoatlady915

crazygoatlady915 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Idaho
    cute! That day will arrive for me sometime... [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. crazygoatlady915

crazygoatlady915 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Idaho
    cute! That day will arrive for me sometime... [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Love the outdoor brooder!!! Love your tubing feeder as well. I wanted to do that but the logistics of putting it on my coop is crazy. Cute chicks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by