Bigfoot chicks!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by onthespot, Jul 11, 2010.

1. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Are these feet for REAL!!!??? These feet belong to about an eight week old black orpington cockerel from BamaChicken's stock. They look like T Rex feet to me! Anyone know if he is going to grow into these clodhoppers, or if he will be more prone to bumblefoot, or what is UP with feet that big? He is slow feathering, otherwise I'd show the whole bird, LOL. He looks nekkid and weird right now. Maybe he is putting all that energy that should be going into growing feathers and using it to grow feet instead! What say you all, about big feet? Post 'em if you got 'em! (he's standing on lovebird feed waste. The chickens get the "dumpin's" out of the feeder when the lovebirds have picked through everything they wanted out of it.)

[​IMG]

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I've got one of those big-footed chicks from Hinkjc. They do have some huge feet! The DH calls the chick my "big hooved chicken." [​IMG]

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    My black orp girls are like that. But they are so big and fluffy with skinny legs. I call them my cartoon chickens.

4. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    My Marans roos have huge feet and they grow into them. I get some big boys here but the hens can have some big feet, too. My Langshans roo has huge feet and long legs as do my Jersey Giant girls. It comes with some breeds i guess. I just always hope they will grow into them. Kinda funny watching mine trip around the farm with those big clod hoppers. [​IMG]

5. aveca

aveca Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    Big foot equals big chicken, these are fantastic birds .
    They need a big foot to carry around thier size and feathers. great looking when they are adults but always have jurrassic feet.

6. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Great picture for use in a cartoon post. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by