Biggest Coturnix Quail Contest

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Robo, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    I am having a little contest for the fattest quail you can find. Post a picture of it and how much he/she weighs. This is for coturnix only. The winner will get 2-3 dozen eggs from me. I will send as many as they lay in two days. Winner pays a $10.00 shipping fee, and you will receive eggs from English Whites, Tibetian, Manchurian, Jumbo Brown, and Tuxedo. Good luck, I can't wait to see your birds.

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Apparently no one wants to hatch coturnix in December...I sure know I don't [​IMG] I don't have a scale anyway, and mine aren't all that big. People around here pay the same price for a 14 ounce bird as they do for an 8 ouncer, but the 8 ouncers eat less [​IMG]

3. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    [​IMG]

4. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

yep Quaillady, that looks to be a chunky 1 [​IMG]

5. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Thats a big un.

6. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    She is so chunky, she tried to sit on the egg and it broke! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:seriously? hehehehe

8. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    I have one that will go broody every week. She will set on the egg for about half of the day, and then she gets thirsty and forgets about it.

9. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Or they see a bug and run for cover...forget the egg, RUN! LOL....My coturnix can be just chicken!

10. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    I had one trying to sit on an egg yesterday. Only problem was, she was missing the egg. It was just in FRONT of her. She puffed up at me, then promptly forgot the whole thing right after I disturbed her, LOL. She was sitting there today again, but sans egg. She's active and not ill. I just moved them to a different pen which has more cover in it while cleaning the other one and hadn't put them back yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by