Biggest idiot: never plugged in the turned! >_<

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Love2read, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Love2read

Love2read Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2014
    Soooo...my eggs are due to hatch in 3 days and I went to remove them from the turner and when I went to unplug it I realized IT WAS NEVER PLUGGED IN AT ALL!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! *cry*

I put the eggs in right before leaving town for about a week(hubby was there to keep an eye on them) and I must have had the world's biggest brain fart and forgotten to plug the turned in after getting them all situated. How I managed to never notice all this time? I have no idea! I guess it never really occurred to me that I would be THAT stupid. *sigh*

Anyways...I checked the eggs at day 10 and there were 11 fertile ones and when I pulled them out of the turned today some were wiggling, so there are definitely chicks in there. Is there any chance they might actually hatch?!

I feel seriously stupid. :(

2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Yes, there's always a chance. It is not the most ideal situation, but it's not a bona fide fail either. A lot of times eggs/chicks can overcome the most un-ideal (if it's not a word, it is now,) situations and not only survive, but thrive. Just because something can happen and may even have a higher probability of happening doesn't mean it will. WIll keep fingers crossed [​IMG] that you see some healthy chicks despite the mistake.

3. Love2read

Love2read Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2014
    One has pipped! Yippee!!!

4. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Yay!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by