Biggest waste of government money ever

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MamaRoo, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garp94

garp94 Songster

May 2, 2009
    New York
    No surprise, they waste most of the money they take from us.

2. X2

1 person likes this.
  3. 80% is for food stamps

4. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

Feb 19, 2012
    monroe county indiana
    My Coop
    Yes I guess some think feeding people is a waste of money or they are not informed enough to know not everything listed in a certain titled bill is not 100% where the money goes to. Highway funding bills are not 100% about building/improving roads either.....

5. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Well, a lot of people use food stamps as a crutch... some people legitimately need them, but some people who are perfectly capable of finding work use food stamps as an excuse not to. I can't even begin to count the number of liquor and cigarette stores in my town that loudly proclaim on big signs "we accept food stamps!" [​IMG]And of course, so many people with this assistance have new iPhones and big TVs and fancy cars... my Dad is on the government payroll (tech guy for the School District) and he's never been able to get a new car in his life, we have one small TV, and our family scrimps and saves from paycheck to paycheck. After a while, it just feels like the government is giving money to those who do not work.... and taking/withholding money from those who actually benefit the world.[​IMG] My sister had to go on food stamps when she got pregnant... but she got a job after the baby was born, and is going back to community college on her own dime.

6. MamaRoo

MamaRoo Songster

Jul 5, 2011
    A ferry ride away, WA
    So you would deny people like your sister just to avoid helping people who may not need the assistance? I'm not sure i understand your point here....

Lots of pregnant people manage just fine without ever using food stamps.

And lots more people manage to not get pregnant when they can't afford a child.

Lives are complex....

7. cupman

cupman Songster

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    What state lets you use food stamps to buy liquor and cigaretes? I don't believe that for a minute.

8. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Nope, I said some people need it. I would just like heavier regulations on food stamps, what you can or cannot buy (if you're broke, you don't need to buy ciggies or alcohol) And, if someone is disabled, they are entitles to assistance (still not cigarettes or alcohol.)
    My sister had left the house and cut all ties with our family. She refused our offers for help, and went on government assistance instead. About a month before the baby was born, we all made up, and she got off assistance. Now, we help care for the baby while she's at work and school. See, the family should be the first choice when one needs help, NOT the government.

9. MamaRoo

MamaRoo Songster

Jul 5, 2011
    A ferry ride away, WA
    But, as Cupman said, I don't think any state lets you buy cigarettes or alcohol with food stamps. In WA you can't even use it to buy toilet paper, only food.

Also, not everyone has a family that will help them.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: