BigMikes Balsamic Dressing, for Ms Pam

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by bigmike&nan, Dec 25, 2010.

1. bigmike&nan

bigmike&nan Chillin' With My Peeps

I know for many anything balsamic is rather out of style - this is an amazing dressing. A Christmas present for an old friend in Chile, Ms. Pam - a great person and a wonderful teacher/mentor to many very lucky children.

Mis en Place:

1 Tbls Dijon Mustard
    1 Tbls Dark Brown Sugar
    1 Tbls Honey
    1/2 Tsp Herbs de Provence or Tarragon
    1/2 Tsp each Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper
    1/4 Cup Balsemic Vinegar
    3/4 Cup EVO

In a medium mixing bowl (or blender) combine the mustard, brown sugar, honey, herbs and S&P with a whisk until it is very homogenous. Next whisk in the vinegar and mix until you have a runny paste. Lastly drizzle in the EVO while whisking briskly. Keep going until you have a nice emulsion (in other words something that stayed combined). Place in a clean storage jar and refrigerate. Will last until you use it up.

2. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Sounds yummy to me!

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'm lost. What is EVO?

4. bigmike&nan

EVO is cookspeak for Extra Virgin Olive (oil)
    Just as S.&P is for Salt and Pepper

5. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank-you for the recipe, This looks awsome, can I use the kitchen aid mixer? or would the food proccersser be better?

THanks Again!!

6. bigmike&nan

Actually the best and simplest way is the old fashioned way, a mixing bowl and a whisk... And do it in the steps as described - the trick with any emulsion is to slowly add the oil while you are constantly whisking fast.

7. ImStillMags

ImStillMags Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    bigmike&nan :

Actually the best and simplest way is the old fashioned way, a mixing bowl and a whisk... And do it in the steps as described - the trick with any emulsion is to slowly add the oil while you are constantly whisking fast.

Or put it in a jar, tighten down the lid and shake away!!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by