Big's EASY Chocolate Mousse

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by bigmike&nan, Apr 28, 2009.

1. bigmike&nan

bigmike&nan Chillin' With My Peeps

This stuff is great - I like to make parfaits in little throw away plastic tumblers with layers of cake, the mousse, whipped cream and fresh fruit like strawberries, blackberries or raspberries... I make this mousse and pour it into the tumblers. Cover and refrigerate and step back when people start trying these. Small enough you can have 2nds without TOO much guilt. LOL
    As a side note to this recipe - make it as described, if you find the end result a little too firm next time you make it add a few more ounces of hot water to the blender - it comes out light and airy.... This is so good and you'll be the only one knowing how easy it is !!

Mis en place

4 eggs separated
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 package Nestles Toll House Morsels
    2-3 oz. Grand Mariner
    8 oz. boiling water

Separated eggs. In a large clean bowl whip egg whites and sugar until you have stiff peaks. Set aside. Bring water to boil. Add chocolate chips, egg yolks and Grand Mariner into a blender, add boiling water to blender, cover and whir on high for about 40 seconds.

Now gently fold chocolate mixture into egg whites a bit at a time. Pour mixture into tumblers, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream. Or you can make the marscapone/whipped cream mixture from my tiramisu recipe and do layers of cake soaked with rum, the mousse, the tiramisu mixture, whipped cream and shaved chocolate. These can be as decadent as your imagination allows you to soar... Go for it !!

[​IMG]

2. FlashPointFarm

FlashPointFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Iowa
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by