Bilingual rooster

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Purple Veg*n, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Purple Veg*n

Purple Veg*n Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2010
    Uvalde
    I was sitting at the computer the other day and I heard yapping like from a Mexican ratdog or Yorkie coming from the backyard where the coop is. I ran out to scare the beast away and there was no dog. I looked over at Rudy (who can't fail) and he yapped. Our rooster speaks dog! Now if we can teach him to do it on command and maybe learn to meow, moo and oink, etc. we'd have an act to take on the road! [​IMG]

2. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Rudy can't fail, oh no. Now that song will be in my head for the rest of the day. Not so bad I guess. [​IMG]

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You're all set Rudy can pretend to be a livestock guardian canine and yap yap yap at predators. Maybehe listens to foreign lanquage tapes while he is sleeping.

4. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Quote:I'm picturing him sleeping on the roost with headphones on right now. Teeny-tiny little chicken ear buds. [​IMG]

5. MakNugget

MakNugget Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Quote:I'm picturing him sleeping on the roost with headphones on right now. Teeny-tiny little chicken ear buds. [​IMG]

Rosetta Stone for Chickens? Who knew!

6. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Ok, if I could get a roo like that--and didn't crow at all, that would be awesome! The whole crowing thing is why I won't keep one.
    Does Rudy crow as well as do dog impersonations?

7. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    hahahaahah [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by