bin feeders

I looked at ones like that at walmart, if it requires the chicken to push the bin open to get the food, I dont think they would do it, the one at Walmart (at least to me) seemed like it would really have to be pushed hard to open. If it stays open, and is just a drop feeder there is no reason that it shouldnt be workable. The description doesnt really say if the door swings shut. I know that probably didnt help much. Sorry
frow.gif

i had one for the dogs one time and they didnt like eating out of it so im pretty sure a chicken wouldnt just my 2 sense

I found one where the door stays open. The reason I like it is because I have a chicken tractor. I wanted the feeder to be attached to the tractor but convienent enough for me to get to. I want to screw it to one of the doors. But I don't want the feeder on the ground and I want the feed to stay covered.

Dunno about that one, but I'm sure going to try whipping up a bin feeder for our coop. Plan on trying one out that can hold a full 40lb bag of feed, if not at least half.. Still deciding on how much to hold..
smile.png

I am using one of those for my week old ducklings right now, and they are making a mess with it. The idea is great I just can't see to get them to use anything without the mess. I give up.

I might have to give it a try with the hens though, they are smarter right?

Kycklingmamma

Back
Top Bottom