*BIN* Includes Shipping - 6 Coronation & Light Sussex Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    For sale: 6 Coronation & Light Sussex - Hatching Eggs

I've culled heavily over the years, and have only kept the cream of the crop.

I have 1 Light Sussex roosters and 6 hens (3 Coronation and 3 Light). They are the best foragers on the ranch (besides the Muscovy ducks), and hardly ever come eat with the other birds as they are all off free ranging. I call them my gentle giants. These birds (especially the roosters) are HUGE and fluffy, but oh so sweet. William (who is the son of Winston, the sire of my Sussex flock), follows me around like a big puppy. He will only stop following me if I go inside, but he hangs around the door until I come back out and her follows me some more. They may or may not be spoiled rotten. ; )
    I cracked open one of their eggs the other day and was surprised to find a rich, dark orange yolk. All my other egg yolks are yellow in color (as they don't free range), but not the Sussex. Right now our area looks so desolate, there is no grass, bugs, or anything edible..but it seems the Sussex are finding something to eat, although I don't know what?
    They large gorgeous, shiney smooth medium to x-large brown eggs. They are wonderful mommas and like nothing better than to be broody for months on end. Literally. I have one broody right now. ; )

Recently, I had someone ask me if I fed my chickens steroids. Of course I told them I don't, but they were shocked at how big they were. I must admit, they make some beautiful eye-candy marching around the ranch, looking very stately both in look and stature.

Out of all the Sussex I've owned (and I've owned some...) I have never had an aggressive Sussex, of either gender. Of course, there are always exceptions, but a sweet personality is something I breed for, and so far I have been sussexful (succesful).

PayPal ONLY: [email protected]

I ship Priority Mail (2-3 days). I package as best as I can but as all egg shippers must, I cannot guarantee your hatch rate or how the P.O. will handle them once they leave my ranch.
    I wrap each egg individually in bubble wrap, and then gently wrap several eggs in more bubble wrap, and nestle the down in newspaper and more bubble wrap. I try and cushion the eggs as much as possible and keep them away from the sides of the box, to help prevent breakage. And sometimes, if I have them handy, I put them in a plastic carrying box that the P.O. uses for more fragile packages. I package my eggs with tender love and care, but CANNOT and WILL NOT, GUARANTEE your hatch rate.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email, PM, or comment here on this thread. I'll be more than happy to answer your questions if I can.

Blessings -

~ Aspen

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    William (son of Winston)

[​IMG]

Winston and his harem

[​IMG]

Peeps, one of the Coro girls

[​IMG]
    As you can see, she likes the camera to be pointed in her direction. ; )
    [​IMG]

Winston doing what he does best

[​IMG]

Peeps again
    [​IMG]

William
    [​IMG]

Winston

[​IMG]

The lovely ladies

[​IMG]

Blessings -

~ Aspen

3. Tumbleweed Farm

Tumbleweed Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    Benton City, WA

Could I get 6?

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Yes.
    We had a bunch of snow blow in overnight, and all this week is supposed to be cold. So if you are okay with it, I might wait until the cold weather moves out to ship any eggs. Right now, I can't seem to get out to the coop in time to gather eggs before they freeze!

If you are interested in some eggs, send me a PM and we'll discuss it further.

~ Aspen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by