Bins of JOY!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by pawsplus, Jan 6, 2009.

1. pawsplus

pawsplus Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    Middle TN
    I've gotten ORGANIZED!!! I ordered these stacking bins from Petsmart online (cheaper than in the store for some reason, even with shipping, which makes no sense, but hey, I'll take it. And they arrived!!!

I wish I'd taken a "before" pic of my storage room -- don't know why I didn't! But just imagine 2 big, clunky rubbermaid bins, on top of each other (for 2 types of dog food) so I had to remove the top one to get to the bottom one, and 2 50 pound bags of chicken food standing open next to them. Took up about 3X more space than the current setup. The 2 on the left contain dog food; the 2 on the right, chicken pellets and scratch:

[​IMG]

WHOO HOOO!!!!! I'm ORGANIZED!!!! [​IMG]

2. cheeps

cheeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Rockwell, NC
    Awesome! I need some of those for my shed. I bet they'll keep the little mousies away too!

3. cheeps

cheeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Rockwell, NC
    Will they hold a whole bag of feed?

4. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    That looks great!

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Very clever idea! And here I am with metal trashcans full of feed on the front porch! Southern trashy. How much feed fits in each container?

[​IMG]

6. riley

riley Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2008
    Mooers, NY
    i like that idea i should get some

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I LIKE it! Doesn't it feel good to have things clean and where you need them? Good job.

8. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    I think those are great for indoor storage, and I know you're thrilled with the ease these bins are now providing.

But I'd be hesitant to use them outdoors, I think the rats/mice/squirrels would eventually gnaw through them. And what they didn't damage the sun would eventually destroy.

If your metal cans are unsightly, you could paint them, add stickers or decals, or build a frame around them. Mine don't bother me where they are out back by the coops.

9. Tamidon

Tamidon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Don't use them outside. I found out the hard way that they are in no way water resistant to rain

10. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Looks very neat, Hey don't tell my wife about them she makes me buy her some [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

omran

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by